[Koha] Introduction / Hiding specific item types

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Fri Sep 17 11:06:18 NZST 2010

Mirko,

There is a lot you can do here with the apache configurations.  Indeed, I think you could use one IP address and then different apache configs listening on different ports.  Or you could continue to use ports 80 and 8080, and use separate IP addresses (I wound up with the extra ports first, then went with extra IP addresses later for DNS reasons).  You then configure your apache instances to listen as you like.  Note that in each apache instance there is a SET_ENV line that points to the koha configuration file.  That is where your different databases are defined, over in the koha config file, and thus each apache instance is pointing to one config file > one database.  Due to that restriction, I don't think you will be able to edit in one spot within the staff client and have it effect both databases, but there may be a way to set that up.

Maybe one of the other list denizens has an idea for that.

Best,

Doug