[Koha] Message from PTFS/LibLime

Lee Phillips lphillips at buttepubliclibrary.info
Fri Sep 17 05:53:52 NZST 2010

On 9/16/2010 11:11 AM, Chris Cormack wrote:
> 2010/9/17 vtl at scls.lib.wi.us<vtl at scls.lib.wi.us>
>
>> Just to be clear.  This foundation was created by Joshua Ferraro before the acquisition of
>> LibLime by PTFS.
>>

> Just to be even clearer, it was created by Liblime's lawyers, Joshua
> happened to be CEO and one of the owners of Liblime at that time.
>
> It wasn't something he did on his own time, it was certainly created
> by Liblime, not him personally.
>
> Chris

Please correct me if I am wrong... but wouldn't ptfs know that this
501c3 already exists? LL belongs to ptfs and I would assume the 501c3 is
theirs to oversee. I read the articles of incorporation and it is the
very basic form and would serve the function of what we have been
discussing with ptfs. No principal officers are identified. It hasn't
been activated but it will require activity or it will expire. John said
he would bear the cost of setting it up--- but it already exists??  Once
again communication and transparency is an issue. How can we trust each
other if we withhold information?? If the community knew in January that
this was a possible route to take to address the trademarks and domains,
it would have possibly made for peace among the concerned parties?"
Lee