[Koha] Message from PTFS/LibLime

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Sep 17 05:13:02 NZST 2010

2010/9/16 vtl at scls.lib.wi.us <vtl at scls.lib.wi.us>

> Just to be clear.  This foundation was created by Joshua Ferraro before the
> acquisition of LibLime by PTFS.

A point already made by Paul in his email (see below) regarding this. But
this is basically irrelevant to the current discussion. PTFS/LibLime owns
this entity at the moment regardless, which I think is the point trying to
be made.

It appears to me that this thread has pretty much exhausted its usefulness.
What we really need now are concrete proposals to consider.

In light of this, I move that those with serious proposals post them on the
wiki and announce the posting on all interested lists so that interested
parties can begin the process of due diligence in consideration and
research. If this approach is acted upon quickly then there will be some
real meat to chew on during KohaCon10. Otherwise, it we will probably just
be spinning our wheels.

Here are a few additional, personal thoughts:

I'd love to see PTFS/LibLime's proposal with all of the details.

I'd also like to see a proposal by HLT of what they would like considering
that they are the originators of Koha and know best what they had in mind
when they released it to the community.

Furthermore, I'd like to see a variety of proposals from those in other
countries represented in the community.

It would also be nice for proposals to include factual legal support for why
this new organization should be based in the proposed country. (This would
keep us from speculating.)

I think that a high level of detail and research given in and to a proposal
will help avoid a variety of issues as this unfolds.

Kind Regards,
Chris