[Koha] [Koha-devel] [koha] mail configuraiton help

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 06:00:46 NZDT 2010

Email addresses are for the endpoints of the message.  The mailservers in
the middle do not use email addresses to relay messages.  You can see this
by reading the headers in a message, like the one from your post:

	by eliot.biblibre.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 51CE646DEB
	for <koha-devel at lists.koha-community.org>;
	Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:59:37 +0200 (CEST)

The google and biblibre servers do not use accounts.

You are correct to test w/ mailx, since if you cannot send from one server
to your target server, then Koha will not be able to either.  The reply-to
or sender address that Koha builds into the message is arbitrary and does
not necessarily have to relate to means of delivery or server of origin.
 The only restriction would be whether your mailserver would accept the
message to relay.

The remaining problem is not directly related to Koha at all, and is just
mail server administration, so you would have the best chance of getting
help via postfix resources or community members.

--Joe