[Koha] Koha in three words

M. Brooke Helman abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 10:41:23 NZDT 2010

Kia ora!

       When last we left our intrepid bullshitter, a tag cloud was linked like
so:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/File:Zecloud2.png

       and the intention to brew things was conveyed. A high quality imported
genuine Australian ratbag helped to stir a prior mission statement in with the
cloud. Behold! A newer, improved statement was born, cramming as many words in
from the three words folks sent as possible. (Nifty three words words may well
be red on your screen. Here's hoping.)

The mission of the Koha project is to produce and maintain an
evolutionary and revolutionary free open source Integrated Library System.

Through collaboration, our communityhopes to offer a fresh, dynamic,
reliable catalogue that sets the benchmark in usability, quality and innovation.

We seek to emancipate users from the morass of proprietary data and orphaned
products and empower Koha users to share their strengths in a stable, welcoming,
and nurturing environment.

We value the cooperation of enthusiastic librarians, generous software
developers, transparent support providers and all people of integrity who share
our commitment to freedom and participate in the spirit of solidarity.

       But wait, that's not all! I will still amusingly beg for your feedback
prior to the next IRC meeting of 8th December. If you don't see your personal
words, have no fear, they might well be pressed in to service later.

Cheers,
Brooke