[Koha] Multiple instances of 700

Kurt Bodling kbodling at mountvernon.org
Tue Nov 2 10:05:34 NZDT 2010

How about this record from Harvard College:

http://hollis.harvard.edu/?itemid=|library/m/aleph|000601608

It has over 20 names in MARC 700 fields.

Please test away!  Almost anyone with manuscript collections would (I think) be interested in having the 7XX fields display better than they seem to.

For me, the "problem" is that in the OPAC the title displays and then below it is "by author name (MARC 1XX); other name (MARC 7XX); other name (MARC 7XX); etc."  And often times those names are qualified by a subfield $e as engravers or printers or donors or former owners; and corporate names (MARC 710) also fall into that same display line.  A lot of those names have different relationships to the title that are not best described with "by".

It could become even more important with the eventual adoption of the RDA cataloging code which does not restrict names of co-authors to just the first few.

Kurt