[Koha] Introduction - Sean McIntyre

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon May 17 20:48:17 NZST 2010

Dear Sean,

my name is Zeno Tajoli, I'm working in Italy in ICT for Libraries
from 2000 as perl developer. I earn a Master of Library Science at
Univesrity of NewCastel (UK). I work for CILEA, a vendor of Koha in Italy.

>   Obviously, we have to place a priority on meeting the needs of
> our paying clients and their time lines.  At no time however would
> I want that to cast a doubt on our overall goal to work effectively
> with the community and make contributions.  It just may be the case
> that given our current resourcing and economics that features built
> for our clients will be available to them first to test and flesh
> out.  This will allow our contributions to be of a higher quality
> then if we released them immediately and to meet the demanding
> schedules we have inherited.

Is clear that the time table of paying clients is the priority for a
vendor (for me it is).

>As you point out, we have made available all of the
>software  enhancements and mods that pre-date the acquisition
>  in a fashion that the release managers can work with them.

this is the 'Harley Release', a very ggod job. Well done.

>  As I've said, this is not the case on LLEK due to decisions made
> by the previous owners.

Ok and you don't have the time/people/money to do the same for LLEK.
What I suggest you ?

Upload the tar.gz of LLEK somewhere with all docs and test that you have now.
Publish the LLEK repository as you have now, also if  it is not a git
repository.
Send a mail to koha-devel.

We will download the code, we see what it is useful and we will
re-implement the features.
Probably not all features, only the most important.
A little help is better that no help.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

Zeno Tajoli