[Koha] Registering as a support provider at koha-community.org

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Tue May 11 07:16:17 NZST 2010

I have to agree with MJ here. This question is pretty simple.  Is a company trying to take over a Koha asset for 'personal' gain?  If they are, then that company is not really part of the community.  Have they created a fork in the code?  Then they are not part of the community.

Lenora
StreamNet Regional Librarian
Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
http://www.fishlib.org

> The difficulty comes with the possibility of a company offering Koha
> services that are not in the spirit of the community. [...]

This is much simpler than looking for services "in the spirit".  It is
a verifiable fact whether a company owns a domain or trademark, it is
a verifiable fact whether that has been offered to HLT or another
community group to manage and it is a verifiable fact whether legal
proceedings over Koha have been entered and not resolved.  No judge
required and the informal appeals process suggested for other
delistings would be fine.