[Koha] Installation of Koha on Ubuntu 9.04 (Server Edition)

bariki.kamara at out.ac.tz bariki.kamara at out.ac.tz
Fri May 7 22:38:02 NZST 2010

> On 6/05/2010 8:25 p.m., bariki.kamara at out.ac.tz wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Am trying to Test my SAX Parser, and the following below is what I get;
>>
>> Koha wants something like:
>>      XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0x81fe220)
>> You have:
>>      XML::LibXML::SAX=HASH(0x741678)
>> Looks bad, check INSTALL.* documentation.
>>

>> And when I try to vi ParserDetails.ini file, I found to have only
>> [XML::SAX::PurePerl] and [XML::SAX::Expat] which are not the right path
>> for SAX parser, as you can see below;
>>
>> [XML::SAX::PurePerl]
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1
>>
>> [XML::SAX::Expat]
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities = 1
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities = 1
>>
>> It seems Ubuntu v9.04 does not contain the right path for SAX parser
>> (i.e. [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
>> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1)
>>
>> OR something went wrong during the installation of OS or WHAT..., pls. I
>> need some assistance on this.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bariki G. Kamara
>>
> Hi Bariki,
>
> I am not Chris, but hopefully I can be of some assistance. I have not
> tried this on 9.04, but in 9.10, you have to rearrange the prefix
> numbering on the file names in the folder
> /var/lib/libxml-sax-perl/ParserDetails.d/ so that the file for the SAX
> parser you want has the highest prefix, and therefor highest priority.
> Specifically for you, it looks like you need to give the
> XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser file a greater prefix than XML::LibXML::SAX.
> Once you have done this you can run the following command to regenerate
> the appropriate files:
>
> sudo  update-perl-sax-parsers--update
>
> If you got the prefix ordering correct, this should allow the test to
> pass.
>
>      Braedon

Hi Braedon,

Thanx for the assistance, but when I go to that directory you mentioned
above and list the files contained in that directory, I got the following
result;

kohaadmin at library:/var/lib/libxml-sax-perl/ParserDetails.d$ ls
10-XML::SAX::PurePerl  50-XML::SAX::Expat

Only two files available in that directory, file
[XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser], which is needed by my Koha system is not
included in that directory.

Due to that reason I failed to fix my problem. Can you assist on that.

Thanx for your cooperation.
Regards,
Bariki G. Kamara

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS E-MAIL

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,
distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also
notify the sender by email and/or delete this e-mail. Any views or opinions
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily
coincide with those of the Open University of Tanzania.

--------------------THE OPEN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA--------------------------