[Koha] Installation of Koha on Ubuntu 9.04 (Server Edition)

Braedon Vickers braedon.vickers at gmail.com
Thu May 6 23:33:02 NZST 2010

On 6/05/2010 8:25 p.m., bariki.kamara at out.ac.tz wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Am trying to Test my SAX Parser, and the following below is what I get;
>
> Koha wants something like:
>      XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0x81fe220)
> You have:
>      XML::LibXML::SAX=HASH(0x741678)
> Looks bad, check INSTALL.* documentation.
>

> And when I try to vi ParserDetails.ini file, I found to have only
> [XML::SAX::PurePerl] and [XML::SAX::Expat] which are not the right path
> for SAX parser, as you can see below;
>
> [XML::SAX::PurePerl]
> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1
>
> [XML::SAX::Expat]
> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1
> http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities = 1
> http://xml.org/sax/features/external-parameter-entities = 1
>
> It seems Ubuntu v9.04 does not contain the right path for SAX parser
> (i.e. [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
> http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces = 1)
>
> OR something went wrong during the installation of OS or WHAT..., pls. I
> need some assistance on this.
>
> Best regards,
> Bariki G. Kamara

Hi Bariki,

I am not Chris, but hopefully I can be of some assistance. I have not
tried this on 9.04, but in 9.10, you have to rearrange the prefix
numbering on the file names in the folder
/var/lib/libxml-sax-perl/ParserDetails.d/ so that the file for the SAX
parser you want has the highest prefix, and therefor highest priority.
Specifically for you, it looks like you need to give the
XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser file a greater prefix than XML::LibXML::SAX.
Once you have done this you can run the following command to regenerate
the appropriate files:

sudo  update-perl-sax-parsers--update

If you got the prefix ordering correct, this should allow the test to pass.

     Braedon