[Koha] Is your Koha 3 slow or fast?

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Wed May 5 19:13:20 NZST 2010

2010/5/5 Marty <ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com>

> I really would like to know some reaction times for Koha 3.
>
> Our installation seems to take a minimum of 6 seconds for any operation -
> type in the name of a patron, it will take between 6 and 10 seconds to show
> up on screen. That time seems to be standard for most operations.
>
> In general it seems sluggish at best. I'd like to have some indication of
> how fast other installations are, if possible in a comparable configuration.
>
> We are running Koha 3.00.05 with Zebra on Debian Lenny, on a Pentium 4 box.

This is how the speed was improoved with our installation:
http://blog.rot13.org/2010/04/mysql_is_slow_did_you_tune_your_settings.html

We also had 6 secodns or more for every search, but now that is arround 3
sec :)
You can try live OPAC at http://koha.ffzg.hr/
There is ~250.000 biblio records and ~325.000 items in our catalog.

Marijana