[Koha] Follett Migration

koha at joetho.com koha at joetho.com
Tue May 4 08:08:55 NZST 2010

Hello,

Many Follett installations seem to require extensive analysis of call
numbers to determine shelving locations, collection codes, etc.

Using the standard Follett system to export data rarely gives the migration
manager enough information, but there is a utility available from Follett to
help with this.

Contact your Follett representative and ask about the "ODBC Driver For
Follett". This is available for a very reasonable fee, and allows the user a
connection to the Follett database to read all the tables. I would not
recommend trying any sort of detailed migration without this driver.

I use MSAccess (hold your applause) to do this, and the resulting Access
database lets me export everything I need as .csv. The data still needs a
lot of work, but it is all there.

However, exporting the marc21 records themselves takes place from within the
standard Follett system.

Converting the follet microlif to .mrc is a pretty simple MarcEdit process.

See me after class!

-Joe

jtholen at sekls.org