[Koha] Help with setting up information to be displayed by catalog search

Joe Ellis joeateb at me.com
Tue Mar 30 16:48:12 NZDT 2010

Hello Koha listers,

I have been trying to help a librarian at a small school here in Connecticut transition to KOHA from a really old system called Winnebago. I have managed to export her records in MARC format and to import them into KOHA. However there are 2 problems she needs help with.
First I need to know how I can get the search result to show the Dewey Decimal Number for the books in the catalog. I know the data loaded when I transferred the records, at least I confirmed the data was in the file I loaded. Next, when she searches for a book it says the number available is zero regardless of the number of volumes she may have. How do I get KOHA to show the correct number on hand?

Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

Joe Ellis
Canterbury, CT.