[Koha] Problem with diacritics in Patron names

Hendrix, Harry harry.hendrix at philips.com
Fri Mar 26 01:59:07 NZDT 2010

Dear all,

We are using Koha 3.0004019 with Zebra running. We also have a self lending system running which works fine most of the time.
Patrons with special characters (accent grave, accent acute, umlaut, ...) in their names are not able to use the self lending system.
Patron data is updated via LDAP. So, removing accents or umlauts from their names isn't an option because this will be overwritten each time they login to Koha.
I cannot figure out, how to solve this problem.

Any suggestions how to correct this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Harry