[Koha] Checking/Changing "missing" status. Was: Variety of questions about Koha installation

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Mar 11 05:40:13 NZDT 2010

>> Where does Koha say the record is "Lost or missing?" On the screen
>> where you place the hold?
>
> It says it in the OPAC view when I log in (perhaps I should log
> in as a non-admin user?).  I have uploaded a screenshot here:
> http://intknowledge.com/sites/default/files/u8/missing-cannotHoldItem.png
> I made a patron-user without admin rights and that user got the same
> message, so _somewhere_ there is a hold on that item.

Admin rights don't affect users of the OPAC. One is either a valid
logged-in patron or not. Logged-in "superlibrarian" patrons, for
instance, don't gain any additional privileges in the OPAC.

It sounds to me like something in your setup is limiting the number of
holds possible. I'm not sure about your version.... Do you have a
"maxreserves" setting in system preferences? Do you have a "holds
allowed" option under Administration -> Circulation and fines rules?

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries