[Koha] Koha 3 Check-out process?

David M. Bucknell dbucknell at iteachnet.org
Tue Mar 9 05:35:48 NZDT 2010

Dear Koha Community Members,

Is there any connection between the user's cart or list and
circulation?  That is, should we see a user/patron's requested books
when we go to their account and begin to check out items to him or her?

I am worried that our installation (koha 3.00.06.008).

The manual
http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/administration/global-system-preferences/circulation

says that "WebBasedSelfCheck" is not yet in the code ....

Does that mean that there is no connection between what the user does
and what the librarian sees?  No communication?

I would be very grateful for a pointer to a descriptio from the
user/patron's viewpoint of how check-out should work.

Suggestions appreciated.

David
----

**From the above doc:
WebBasedSelfCheck
Defines if you wish to enable Koha's web-based Self Checkout Module.
Default Value: OFF

IMPORTANT: This system preference has not been inserted into the code
yet. Eventually it will enable/disable the web-based self-checkout
system.

IMPORTANT: Available in English only.
TIP: To access this module now, visit
http://YOURURL/cgi-bin/koha/sco/sco-main.pl

My server's specs:
Apache	 Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server built: Nov 14
2009 20:23:49
Koha	3.00.06.008
Koha DB	3.0006008
MySQL	mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for debian-linux-gnu (i486)
using readline 5.2
OS	Linux li142-70 2.6.18.8 ... i686
Perl	5.010000

--