[Koha] Ubuntu version to Install Koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 23 10:55:49 NZST 2010

Op donderdag 22-07-2010 om 08:53 uur [tijdzone -0300], schreef Geovana
de Paula Santos Tarricone:
> First I’d like to thank the community that always send me good and
> quickly answers. Now I’d like to know what Ubuntu’s version is
> recommended to install Koha. I’ve found installation manuals about
> version 8.10 to Koha’s versios  3.0, it’s good enough?

In any servery-type installation of Ubuntu, you should go with an LTS
release. They are supported for up to 5 years. Conveniently, the latest
release (10.04) is also an LTS.

While not "officially" tested, the packages that I've been building from
git work on 10.04 reasonably well*, I've heard. One day soon I'll make
up a definitive guide for doing that perhaps :)

* See http://debian.koha-community.org

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.