[Koha] koha-3.00.06 on ubuntu-10.04: Cannot find the file 'mysql_config'!

Sabine Grabner sabine.grabner at fhv.at
Fri Jul 23 01:06:59 NZST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install koha-3.00.06 on ubuntu-10.04-desktop-i386.iso
following INSTALL.ubuntu. I think I have succeeded all the way through
2.3.

At task 2.4.2 I have successfully created the test DB but I did not
succeed installing the DBD::mysql thingy, retrieving the error message
below. I am not experienced with Perl or Ubuntu, though I do have tech
understanding. Does anybody have a clue how to proceed?

   CPAN.pm: Going to build C/CA/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.016.tar.gz

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 82.

Cannot find the file 'mysql_config'! Your execution PATH doesn't seem
not contain the path to mysql_config. Resorting to guessed values!
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 464.
Can't find mysql_config. Use --mysql_config option to specify where
mysql_config is located
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 464.
Can't find mysql_config. Use --mysql_config option to specify where
mysql_config is located
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 464.
Can't find mysql_config. Use --mysql_config option to specify where
mysql_config is located
Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use

   perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I<dir>

to set this directory. For details see the INSTALL.html file,
section "C Compiler flags" or type

   perl Makefile.PL --help
Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL --testdb=test
--testuser=test --testpass=test]
Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store
persistent state
   CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.016.tar.gz
   /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL --testdb=test --testuser=test --
testpass=test -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
   Make had some problems, won't install
Could not read '/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-4.016-2QNGIv/META.yml'.
Falling back to other methods to determine prerequisites
Failed during this command:
  CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.016.tar.gz              : writemakefile NO '/
usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL --testdb=test --testuser=test --
testpass=test' returned status 512

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Sabine