[Koha] Query About Marc Records

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Jul 13 19:21:42 NZST 2010

rohitsingh wrote:

> how we can create MARC records for books that do not have Library of
> Congress Data?

Programmatically, you can create MARC records from your own data
using the MARC::Record module in Perl.

perldoc MARC::Record

will be of help.

> How we should be able to enter the data in to a CSV file and then
> programaticaly create MARC records for upload in Koha eventually?

Yes, it should be no problem. Use the Text::CSV_XS module to read in
the csv data and the MARC::Record module to write out marc records.

You can then load the marc records that you have created into Koha
using the bulkmarcimport.pl utility script (in bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl)

cheers
rickw