[Koha] Koha releases

vtl at scls.lib.wi.us vtl at scls.lib.wi.us
Sat Jul 3 03:15:03 NZST 2010

> Since the "phase I" includes a large number of features, I asked in
> the meeting  how long they thought it would take for those  to be
> integrated into the official community version of Koha.  The estimate
> I was given was  four to five years.

I was at this same meeting and I do not recall that LibLime said that it
would take four to five years for "phase I" features to be released to
community.  It really is up to the library sponsoring the development, but I
believe the plan is that the "phase I" LLEK development will be released to
community in the next year.

I would like to point out that this is just the practice of one LibLime
customer.  Most other customers will want their projects released much more
dynamically.  My organization, the South Central Library System, has nearly
100 feature development projects slated to be completed by LibLime by the
end of 2010.  Some will be finished sooner than others.  So, based on the 6
month test period, some features could be ready for contribution to
community Koha as soon as early 2011; hopefully in time to be integrated
into Koha v.3.4.

> --
> Stacy Pober
> Information Alchemist
> Manhattan College Library
> Riverdale, NY 10471
> stacy.pober at manhattan.edu

Vicki Teal Lovely

Helping our 52 member libraries provide the best possible service to the
public.

ILS Project Manager
South Central Library System
Madison, WI