[Koha] Perceptions 2009: An International Survey of Library Automation

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jan 30 15:57:12 NZDT 2010

Lori Ayre
> [...]  As long as libraries have control over the data
> they've provided, it doesn't seem like it is worth getting all steamed up
> even if it isn't officially released under an open source license.

Although I'd much prefer it if people didn't forget freedom when
referring to free and open source software, I'm not getting all
steamed up about it.  I just pointed out a couple of hiccoughs and
explained why I wouldn't promote the current Perceptions survey.

Others have been much harsher critics than me:
http://blog.ecorrado.us/2010/01/26/library-perceptions-gossip/
http://coffeecode.net/archives/209-In-which-I-perceive-that-gossip-is-not-science.html

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software