[Koha] koha express

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Thu Jan 21 14:49:44 NZDT 2010

Hi Beth

Hanover has an expensive Dell server, but it was set up with the
intention of hosting 6 systems (13 branches) and multiple 'sandbox' test
sites from the outset, with room to host more libraries if we discover
others wanting Koha without too much technical investment. It runs
RedHat, and Xen virtual machine software, which allows each library to
have its own separate Koha system on the one machine, rather than the
shared system Joann described. It is also Raid array, backup is once an
hour. At this time we have not installed the mirror server - still
deciding whether to own, lease, or use space on another vendor's host,
but that is in the plan. We are also planning to have dual Internet
providers to guard against loss of Internet service from one ISP.

I am the liaison with our tech person, so I don't have any figures at my
fingertips. Petrus will be able to discuss this in more detail, and I
have forwarded him on this so he should be in touch (off list) soon.

Agnes

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Assistant Librarian
Hanover Public Library