[Koha] installing koha course

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Mon Jan 18 14:33:51 NZDT 2010

  One problem with OSS in libraries is lack of education. As a
  library school professor, I am trying to help.

  Last week, I ran an intensive course. Students, without any previous
  system admininstration experience, installed debian, then rented
  debian servers (since we can't host the servers at the school) and
  then installed koha. All 17 students managed to do it. For what
  it's worth, I am making my syllabus available

http://openlib.org/home/krichel/courses/lis508p10w/

  with slide presentations, and the installation documentation.

  I have not seen the course evaluations yet, but I believe it was a
  success.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1