[Koha] Making Patron's Card Design

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Jan 14 02:39:05 NZDT 2010

Hi Nitesh,

2010/1/13 nitesh rijal <rijal.it at gmail.com>

> Hello all.
>
> I am using KOHA 3.0.3 in Debian Lenny.
>
> I have already generated barcodes for patrons and also the report that
> contains patrons' details.
>
> Now the problem is that we need to design sample Patron Cards. We can
> surely copy-paste the patron details from the CSV file of reports but hpw do
> we copy-paste the barcodes into the cards???
>
> I mean that suppose we have the following fields:
>
> Name:
> Address:
> Roll No.:
> Level:
> Faculty:
>
> and also the barcode in the backside of the card......I can easily put in
> the details above but how do I place the barcodes in the card????
>
> Is there any specific software that can be used to do this???

3.2 will have a patron card creator in its selection of tools.

The patron card tool in the 3.0.x releases is only partly functional and
requires Perl code changes to modify its output beyond what is included in
the sample data.

Alternately, you could use a 3rd party software to generate your barcodes.

Kind Regards,
Chris