[Koha] No results for Authorities

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 24 01:38:07 NZDT 2010

Hi Pauline,

On Feb 22, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Pauline Martin wrote:
> We are new to Koha and subscribed to Koha Express through Liblime (Koha 3.00.02). When I try to create new authorities under “Authorities” and search for it, I get “no results found.” I searched through documentation and support archived discussions but did not find an answer.

Welcome to Koha!

>  If I want to create an authority for 100a, does that mean I need to add a subfield 9 to field 100 in Authority Types?  Can anyone help me?

No, you won't have to do this - the subfield $9 is used in bib records to link headings back to the authority record, but it isn't needed in the authority records itself.

To help us answer your question, could you let us know where you are trying to search for the authority record after you save it?  In other words, are you searching from the authority record homepage itself, and can you bring up the record there?  Is it different when you are trying to search for an authorized heading while you're cataloging a bib?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton