[Koha] Koha and Public Access Computers

gerard ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Sun Feb 14 20:51:03 NZDT 2010

On 02/11/10 11:19 PM, david at lang.hm wrote:

> are the machines just web kiosks, or do they need to do other functions?

for web kiosks, i suggest thin terminals like sunrays (*). They are
eco-friendly (less than 10W for the sunray2 model), no need for admin,
and you can deploy them just like a phone (once the server is
installed). Attaching a printer is very simple.
We used them since 8 years. I don't understand why i found yet heavy
terminals (with windows licences, and often broken) in libraries today,
just to use a browser ...

my 2 cents...

gerard

(*) http://photos.sun.com/page/1100