[Koha] Interlibrary loan module

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Feb 10 23:13:34 NZDT 2010

Hi all,

We have been thinking about developing Interlibrary loans for Koha.  We
have a couple of prospective customers that are currently using ILL on
their existing systems and a few customers who are likely to be
interested.  We have not worked out a spec yet or the funding, but have
been discussing doing so.

Folks here developed the Interlibrary Loans for Unicorn in the UK so we
have some experience of developing this and understanding the workflow.
That was done with the Unicorn API and without access to the source
code, so it can only be easier on Koha.  The UK libraries make much use
of the British Library Document Supply Service but also often interlend
between institutions.  Both of these are often required or highly
desirable by UK libraries.

Is there any more interest out there?

All the best.

Ian