[Koha] Interlibrary loan module

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Wed Feb 10 22:15:13 NZDT 2010

Hi, Lenora et al!

I am very interested in an ILL module too - having worked as an ILL
librarian for several years it's one of the very few things that stand
out as "missing" in Koha, in my eyes. I also think that Norwegian
librarians are used to having this functionality integrated into their
ILS, as opposed to et least some other countries, where I understand
that the norm is to deal with this functionality outside of the ILS.

Unfortunately, here in Norway we have our very own ILL standard or
protocol, called NILL, which is documented, in Norwegian only, here:
http://www.biblev.no/nill/
Basically the protocol consists of a set of XML messages that are
passed between systems over e-mail(!).

Now, NILL may or may not be of interest to libraries outside Norway,
but I am thinking that at least some functionality will be of common
interest, and that there could be a choice of different protocols, or
an easy way to adapt the core functionality to different protocols.

I am but a tiny vendor trying to attract my first customers, but I
certainly hope to be able to find a library that could be interested
enough in Koha to be willing to sponsor some work on ILL and NILL. In
the meantime I am more than willing to contribute time and any
knowledge on the subject that I may have, in order to help Koha get an
ILL module up and running.

Regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no