[Koha] New Member of the Koha Community

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Feb 9 13:53:53 NZDT 2010

Welcome, Alison,

> We're interested in keeping
> up with and contributing to the Koha community.

That's what we love to hear! There are some things to consider, going forward:

- According to LibLime's web site Koha Express customers are on "the
official Koha Project release (currently 3.0.2)." The actual
up-to-date version is 3.0.5 (and you can check
http://koha-community.org/download-koha/ for accurate information on
the latest release). Or maybe you're on the latest version and
LibLime's web site is out of date?

- As Chris pointed out, command line access is pretty much expected as
an available tool for maintenance and debugging. I don't know but I
assume that you don't have shell access with Koha Express. That will
sometimes make it hard for the list to offer suggestions for certain
kinds of problems. You'll have to bear with us and understand that we
may not be able to offer you a solution because of that.

Right now you'll also hear lots of talk about Koha 3.2 which just had
an alpha release. It has lots of great improvements and many bug
fixes, so may soon have to put up with "upgrade to 3.2!" as a response
to some issues :) I hope your host has plans to roll out the 3.2
upgrade quickly following the stable release!

Good luck!

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer