[Koha] barcode label questions

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Sat Feb 6 13:00:48 NZDT 2010

That was really helpful thanks Agnes.

Our experience may be helpful to. We insert an alpha prefix to the number
sequence. This is so that each time we reregister our borrowers, every 5-8
years, we can start our numbering sequence at 1 again but with a different
prefix, thus stopping our numbers from becoming too unweildy. Additionally,
thinking ahead to potential amalgamation with neighbouring library systems,
if we have different prefix alpha characters it doesn't matter if we have
duplicate numbers.

Cheers Jo.

Joann Ransom RLIANZA
Acting Head of Libraries,