[Koha] Koha trademarks around the world

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Fri Feb 5 15:20:24 NZDT 2010

Hi all,

George and I have been discussing the issue of Koha  trademarks. We know
that Koha has been registered in the USA by Liblime, and that the EU
registration is being signed over to HLT, but what about the rest of
world?  Koha is a global phenomenon; should we be thinking about Koha in
Asia, Africa, Latin America etc. Has it been registered anywhere else?
What is stop any ratbag vendor setting up anywhere in the world from
registering Koha in the same way that Liblime and Biblibre did?

How do we find out, is it important and should we care?

Cheers Jo.