[Koha] data import tools

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Sun Dec 19 23:40:21 NZDT 2010

reading through the various tutorials and getting started documents is
still leaving me with the impression that adding an item into a library is
a very cumbersom process (manually search for a MARC record, save it,
load it into koha, add an item)

has anyone made a simple script that would let me feed it a list of books
(by scanned ISBN codes for example) and have it do everything under the
covers to get it added? I know that I've seen smaller personal
library-type applications that had this sort of capibility.

I have some books that I have in multiple formats (paperback, hardcover,
plus several e-book formats), how can I tag these appropriately? the MARC
records that I've found seem to be just for the hardcover edition.

I am not a trained librarian, just someone with several hundred titles in
e-book version and a few thousand paper books looking to get some sort of
sanity around things.

I've gone through all the user guides and tutorials listed on the
koha-community site, is there another place I should look for info
and guidence to setup a small library like mine?

David Lang