[Koha] suggested improvements

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Sun Dec 19 22:27:04 NZDT 2010

I've finally gotten around to setting up koha and ran into a few headaches
that I would like to suggest improvements for.

first off, I ran into problems with the install as I opted to make the
database named kohadefault instead of koha, but the install process didn't
properly create the database, and still attempted to access the database
koha. I manually went in to mysql and ran the kohastructure.sql file
manually.

Secondly, it would be nice if there was some straightforward way to have
koha run without taking over the webserver it's running on (I already have
quite a few other things running, and would rather setup koha at
lang.hm/koha rather than having to setup a new site for it)

Third, I loaded the default data and need to do a bunch of removing of
things, it would be very nice if it was possible to check multiple items
and hit delete (and confirmation) once, rather than having to delete and
confirm for each item (with the delay to re-draw the multiple screens in
the process.

David Lang