[Koha] Google Chrome

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Aug 24 05:43:51 NZST 2010

> Our Library has been testing Firefox 4 with Koha 3.0.6 and have found that
> Koha runs faster in Firefox 4 than what it does in Firefox 3 and under.

JavaScript performance is one of the major areas of focus for browser
developers these days. Chrome raised the bar for everyone, and Mozilla
has been playing catch up. Here's a fairly recent comparison (Windows
only):

http://legitreviews.com/article/1347/1/

Mozilla doesn't need to be asked to improve JavaScript performance.
They're trying.

> At present, we avoid using Google Chrome with Koha, because we find in the
> Returns screen it fails to alert us to any Holds/Requests on items

This is the second report I've heard of this recently, but I've never
seen it myself. Can anyone provide some details about what conditions
lead to the problem?

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer