[Koha] labels and barcodes: name replaced by "patron" or "staff"?

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Apr 23 01:04:57 NZST 2010

Hi David,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM, David M. Bucknell
<dbucknell at iteachnet.org> wrote:
> Hi, As I try to get patron cards printing to a pdf in Koha 3 (not
> 3.1), no matter what I choose for layout, I never get names to print,
> just "patron" or "Staff" -- is this a feature?
>
> Also, barcodes with call numbers are right-aligned, no matte what
> alignment I choose ... pointers would be appreciated. ;-)

The Patron Card tool in 3.0.x is incomplete. The things you observed
are due to hard coded values, etc. The only way to change them is to
work with the underlying code.

The Patron Card tool is complete in 3.2 alpha and works well. There
are no plans to backport this to 3.0.x as the code changes are too
extensive to make such an option practical.

I would recommend waiting for 3.2 stable or testing the current 3.2 HEAD.

Kind Regards,
Chris