[Koha] Availability (& Zebra?)

Scott Daniels scott at tw.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 16:19:19 NZST 2010

Hi,

I am hoping to get some help with an issue I am having with our
Koha(v3.00.05.003) installation. This is a new installation and
biblio/item data has been imported via MARC records. All of our items
imported correctly, we imported patrons and manually populated the
issues table with data from the previous system.

The problem we are having is, in the search screen (ie
cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=test).
The books are ALL reported to be on loan. (Availability: No items
available: Checked out (1))

The reality is, some are available, some are not. This is ACCURATELY(and
contradictory to the search screen) reflected in the details screen for
each book (cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=733), this will list
the items with their correct status, available or checked out.

In my research I found that Availability is calculated based on 5
fields, notforloan(0); damaged(0); itemlost(0); wthdrawn(0) and
onloan(null). These are all accurately set in our data.

I looked into the code (/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Search.pm line 1249) and
it seems that the availability is retrieved from the Zebra index for the
search screen, and not the data, unless I am misinterpreting the comment.

# 'available' is defined as (items.onloan is NULL) and (items.itemlost = 0)
# In English:
# all records not indexed in the onloan register (zebra) and all records
with a value of lost equal to 0

The scenario of a 'Zebra onloan register' not being populated would
'fit' my problem in my mind, as it is only on the search screen that
availability is wrongly presented.

My question is how can I populate this 'register'?

I have run zebra_rebuild -v -b -w , this has had no effect.

--
Regards,
Scott Daniels

TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ