[Koha] Help needed in Overdue Mails sending

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sun Apr 18 18:10:34 NZST 2010

2010/4/18 nitesh rijal <rijal.it at gmail.com>:
> Hello all.
> This is the 3rd time I'm posting the same problem in this mailing list.
> I am using KOHA 3.00.03 and have set up libraries to be used with it. Now, I
> want to send overdue notices to the students who have an overdue.
> I have tried all the available options but all in vain. It is not sending
> mails at all. I have also written in the cron jobs but still the same.
> I kindly request anyone who has successfully setup the mail sending
> functionality in KOHA, to make  a small how-to (step-by-step) so that it may
> help me and others like me.
> Please Reply to this ASAP.

Hi Nitesh

It is not setting up mail in Koha (not KOHA,  it's a maori word, not
an acronym) but it's setting up a mta on your server that you need to
do. Koha hands its mail off to the system to deliver, unless your
server can send mail, nothing will get sent. You might want to read
one of the multitude of tutorial and faqs that are out there for
configuring a mail server.

Chris