[Koha] koha.org future

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sun Oct 25 07:06:30 NZDT 2009

Hi Joann,

2009/10/23 Joann Ransom <jransom at library.org.nz>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> When I finished work yesterday it looked highly likely that Horowhenua
> Library Trust would be the prefeered option for hlding the community
> 'assets' in safe hands until a long term solution is arrived at.
>
> May I ask that the Trust is given a little time to contact Liblime directly,
> offlist, and invite Joshua to handover his assets. He has always said he
> will do this and I am optimistic that he will honour his word. He has been a
> long serving, highly respected and valued member of the Koha Community,
> aside from this little blip, and I think we owe him and Horowhenua Library
> Trust a little space to quietly sort this out.
>
> Does that sound acceptle? May I ask for 1 months 'space' to work with Joshua
> directly?

This is exactly what should happen and what I would think would be
high on our list of expectations for HLT as the single point of
representation for the Koha community.

Other than this tangent (and we must honestly acknowledge the
extremity of it), Joshua and his company have been both respected and
highly valued community members (this has probably made the reaction
to the issue greater by at least a magnitude), and I would expect
Joshua to honor his word as he should. If he does not, I would be very
concerned if I were a customer of his. Dishonesty is not a commendable
character trait.

I think a month is a reasonable time period to allow the issues to be
resolved. However, I also think we must set a deadline and stick to
it. (Failure to set and adhere to deadlines probably contributed
heavily to the current situation. We should learn from our own history
so that we will not be doomed to repeat it.)

Kind Regards,
Chris