[Koha] Emailed Overdue Notices

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Fri Oct 23 07:49:34 NZDT 2009

Hi Josh

Library email addresses are set in two places. One in Admin which is
specifically for patron update requests, and the other in Libraries,
Branches & Groups, for other messages especially overdue notices. You
may of course set both to be the same address.

As you say, the addresses set for the branches receive a huge email
including a concatenation of all the notices that could not be sent
because Koha had no email in the patron's account. I have a single
library site so I am not certain how Koha chooses which email to send
the notice to if, say, the patron belongs to one branch and the book
belongs to another.

HTH
Agnes

Josh Westbrook wrote:
> Reading the Koha documentation, it looked like there was one email
> address that all overdue notices would go to if the patron did not
> have an email address in their account.
>
> But It looks like when a patron makes changes to their account in the
> OPAC an email is sent to the email address that is associated with
> their "Home Library" in the "Libraries and Groups" parameters about
> the changes.  Is this the way Overdue Notices for patrons without
> email addresses work also?  Is an email sent to the home library's
> email address with all of the overdue notices for patrons
> at_that_branch without an email address?
>
> Our Koha system isn't live yet to test this - any feedback would be appreciated!
>

> Josh Westbrook
> Prescott Library Mngr/District Technology Mngr
> Walla Walla County Rural Library District
> joshw at wwrurallibrary.com
> http://www.wwrurallibrary.com

Agnes Rivers-Moore
Assistant Librarian