[Koha] Koha demo links on koha.org

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Oct 9 15:13:39 NZDT 2009

* Nicole Engard (nengard at gmail.com) wrote:
> Thomas, you misunderstood me.  I wasn't saying not to remove the links
> to version of Koha that not everyone can have access to - I was saying
> - don't leave the demos section blank - make sure we find a genuine
> Koha demo to replace them with.  Vendors with their own versions of
> Koha can have those demos on their own sites, but they don't belong on
> koha.org.

I agree with Nicole, (and Owen and Chris N)
It is inappropriate to link to a version of Koha that has not been
released and isn't representative of what people can download and
install.

It is not demonstrating Koha, and surely that is the point of the demo,
to demonstrate the version of Koha you can check out from git, or
download and run, otherwise we are falsely representing what is
available.

I don't the advertising part of it is an issue at all, apart from the
fact that it is advertisting something that isn't Koha.

Chris
--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.