[Koha] bulkmarcimport error

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Wed Nov 11 05:33:23 NZDT 2009

Hello,
Recently, I finally ran Bulkmarcimport.pl to import a batch of my MARC records into my newly installed Koha 3.0001005.  Here is the error message I received:

unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 312.
unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 312.
unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 312.
unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 312.
Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at /etc/perl/C4/Context.pm line 654.
Compilation failed in require at /etc/perl/C4/Items.pm line 30.
Compilation failed in require at kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 24.

I googled this error, and in a Koha listserve archive I read that I should export PERL5LIB=/home/koha/kohaclone.  I checked with my IT guy about this, and he told me that PERL5LIB path is already set to /home/koha/kohaclone.  Neither one of us has any other ideas.  Do you?

Thanks again to all of you who have provided advice & assistance over the past few months.  I truly appreciate it and hope that I will be able to repay the debt someday by helping other new users of Koha...

Amy

Amy C. Schuler
Manager of Information Services
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies