[Koha] Including Login to access the OPAC

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Sun Nov 1 23:36:52 NZDT 2009

Anselm Olweny wrote:

> I would like to make my koha library catalogue accessible over the
> internet but at the same time I would like to secure it such that only
> authorised persons can search and use the catalogue. I specifically
> would like that when a user accesses the catalogue they initially
> receive a login screen just as is the case with the staff interface.
>
> Could anyone kindly guide me on how I may achieve this.

Near the top of each Koha script in the OPAC and Admin areas, i.e.
in the directories

/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin

and

/usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin

is a flag that reads as follows:

authnotrequired => 1

Change the 1 to a 0 in each script that you want the user to login
to use it.

HTH!

cheers
rickw