[Koha] LDAP schemas for Koha

Ben Finney ben+koha at benfinney.id.au
Fri May 22 16:55:11 NZST 2009

Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com> writes:

> The slides from my KohaCon presentation on LDAP may also be usefule,
> and are posted here:
> http://wiki.koha.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=kohacon_ldap.pdf

This is useful, thank you.

> They describe Koha fields that are considered "required", but also
> different levels of "requirement" for mapping data.

The slides make reference to required fields including “password”, and
the “Required by login” slide has the following:

    password:

    * branchcode

    * categorycode

I don't know what this is trying to tell me.

How do I get Koha to authenticate each user by using LDAP's
authentication database? (I hope the answer isn't “use the branchcode as
the password”, as the above slide seems to suggest.)

--
 \     “I must say that I find television very educational. The minute |
  `\       somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a book.” |