[Koha] Active Directory LDAP integration

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Thu May 21 03:17:53 NZST 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to set configure Koha to access my Active Directory LDAP
server.  I don't get errors when I browse to the catalog, so it seems
that the configuration is being accepted, but my borrowers database has
not been updated.  I tried restarting the server (which should cover
restarting apache, as well -- right?).  I used the following
documentation: http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap.

My configuration is copied below; the ALL-CAPS areas are of course
replaced with the relevant data.

Any thoughts?

I've pasted this into /etc/koha3/koha-conf.xml inside <config>, inside
of <yazgfs>:

 <useldapserver>1</useldapserver>

<!-- LDAP SERVER (optional) -->
<ldapserver id="LDAP_IPADDRESS"  listenref="LDAP_IPADDRESS">
 <hostname>LDAP_IPADDRESS</hostname>
 <base>CN=USERS_FOLDER_NAME,DC=DOMAIN,DC=TOP_LEVEL_DOMAIN</base>
 <user>CN=USERNAME,CN=USERS_FOLDER_NAME,DC=DOMAIN,DC=TOP_LEVEL_DOMAIN</user>
 <pass>PASSWORD</pass>
 <replicate>1</replicate>
 <update>1</update>
 <mapping>
                <firstname is="givenName"></firstname>
                <surname is="sn"></surname>
                <address is="">ADDRESS</address>
                <city is="">CITY</city>
                <zipcode is="">19106</zipcode>
                <branchcode is="">BRANCHCODE</branchcode>
                <userid is="sAMAccountName"></userid>
                <password is="userPassword"></password>
                <categorycode is="">S</categorycode>
                <email is="">manuscripts at amphilsoc.org</email>
                <phone is="">215-440-3400</phone>
 </mapping>
</ldapserver>

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299