[Koha] [Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat May 9 05:06:31 NZST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> > There were no localization options on the old website, so this isn't a
> > blocker. Also, I don't find any links to koha-fr.org on the old koha
> site
> > either.
> It's definitely linked from Discussions on the old koha site (but
> apparently the link is currently broken. I'll go fix it).
> Bizarrely, the "Discussions" page is missing from the new site and
> changing hostname to new.koha.org on the old URL results in 404 Not
> Found.  Please can we keep old page locations even if the logical
> structure has changed?  Remember, Cool URIs Don't Change
> http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

This is an excellent idea. Do you have a list of URIs from the old website
that you'd like mapped to the new site, preferably in a mod_apache format so
we can just drop them into place? That would be an outstanding contribution
to this effort.

> But, revenons a nos moutons, it's correct that there weren't any
> localization options on koha.org before, so most Francophones probably
> go direct to koha-fr now.  If we've koha.org in other languages, it'll
> probably need better links to relevant local sites.

Paul and HDL can let us know whether they want to redirect koha-fr.org to
koha.org with an FR localization. Guys, any thoughts?

> [...]
> > This is not an issue that can easily be resolved unfortunately and the
> > koha-manage group decided to list by date of entry rather than the above
> > ideas.
> It was suggested, along with other changes, but no consensus was
> reached and after months of silence, suddenly it's all a rushed launch
> for some unknown-to-me reason.
> I didn't think about multiple versions (too blinkered by what we'd got
> to think of radical best practice in the time I had available).  I'm
> open to making a reorderable searchable listing if that can be done
> easily in Plone.  I've not used a good Plone for years, so I don't
> remember how to do such things.  Any tips from Plone users?
> > > [...]  Plone can be perfectly compliant with
> > > disability access rules but implementers need to observe them.
> >
> > If you notice, there is an 'accessibility' link which should address this
> > concern.
> That looks like the Plone boilerplate.  new.koha.org does not yet
> comply even with what's currently stated there.

Can you give some specific examples of problems that need to be solved
please? We'll certainly do our best.

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support