[Koha] [Koha-translate] [Koha-devel] Announcing ... New koha.org Website based on Plone

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat May 9 04:17:24 NZST 2009

Joshua Ferraro <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> There were no localization options on the old website, so this isn't a
> blocker. Also, I don't find any links to koha-fr.org on the old koha site
> either.

It's definitely linked from Discussions on the old koha site (but
apparently the link is currently broken. I'll go fix it).

Bizarrely, the "Discussions" page is missing from the new site and
changing hostname to new.koha.org on the old URL results in 404 Not
Found.  Please can we keep old page locations even if the logical
structure has changed?  Remember, Cool URIs Don't Change
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

But, revenons a nos moutons, it's correct that there weren't any
localization options on koha.org before, so most Francophones probably
go direct to koha-fr now.  If we've koha.org in other languages, it'll
probably need better links to relevant local sites.

> > 3.2.1.  ORDERING OF PAY FOR SUPPORT.
[...]
> This is not an issue that can easily be resolved unfortunately and the
> koha-manage group decided to list by date of entry rather than the above
> ideas.

It was suggested, along with other changes, but no consensus was
reached and after months of silence, suddenly it's all a rushed launch
for some unknown-to-me reason.

I didn't think about multiple versions (too blinkered by what we'd got
to think of radical best practice in the time I had available).  I'm
open to making a reorderable searchable listing if that can be done
easily in Plone.  I've not used a good Plone for years, so I don't
remember how to do such things.  Any tips from Plone users?

> > [...]  Plone can be perfectly compliant with
> > disability access rules but implementers need to observe them.
>
> If you notice, there is an 'accessibility' link which should address this
> concern.

That looks like the Plone boilerplate.  new.koha.org does not yet
comply even with what's currently stated there.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)