[Koha] Koha Conference

Lenora Oftedahl OFTL at critfc.org
Fri May 8 07:01:06 NZST 2009

For that matter, we could have a Koha lunch at Pacific Northwest Library Association in Missoula, Montana this year.  I'd love to share some of the stuff I learned at KohaCon 2009 as well as just general use stuff.

Lenora

>>> Galen Charlton <galen.charlton at liblime.com> 5/7/2009 11:44 AM >>>
Hi Darla,

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Darla Grediagin <dgrediagin at bssd.org> wrote:
> I know that the Koha conference was just last month.  I was just told I
> have money for staff development yesterday.  Are there plans for another
> conference with in the next 12 months.  I do have to stay in the United
> States. :-)

There's certainly interest in having a KohaCon in 2010, and it was
discussed during the IRC meeting yesterday.  I don't think there are
any firm proposals at the moment, but it's quite possible that the
next big KohaCon may be outside the US.  However, fear not for your
travel budget -- if you can't make it to New Zealand or India or
France or wherever the next main KohaCon is, a lot of people are also
interested in doing regional KohaCons.  I think it quite likely that
you will have at least two or three large Koha-themed conferences
located in the US to choose from next year.  For that matter, you
could consider running your own or working with AKLA to do it - I used
to live in Anchorage, and I'd love a good excuse to travel back to
Alaska!

Regards,

Galen
--