[Koha] apache configuration and login problem

Carmel Young carmely.cunima at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:54:13 NZDT 2009

Using Koha 3.0.0 on Linux  NOT WINDOWS!  We have two problems.

1.    Follow up to the login issue;

 Using Koha 3.0.0 on Linux.

  We had trouble with a failed file - you sent us some advice to use
  gedit, and we recovered this file.  Unfortunately, another problem has
  arisen - cannot log into "kohadbuser" because of too many
  authentication failures - the exact message reads "Access denied for
  127.0.0.1.  The host has been blocked because of too many
  authentication failures."

The advice you sent us was for a Windows platform, but we are using Debian Etch.

2.  We want to configure the apache IP address, but we can't get to
sites-available.  When we type in "cd/etc/apache2/sites-available", it
tells us there is no directory

 I hope this is not too many problems for you to solve...

  Thanks heaps
  Carmel Young
  Catholic University
  Malawi