[Koha] KOHA architecture

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Fri Mar 13 12:21:45 NZDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:57:54AM +0100, Vedran wrote:

>    Hi ,
>

>    I interested in installing KOHA for consortium of Croatian University
>    Libraies.

Hi Vedran, I am very pleased to see that more people from Croatia are
considering Koha.

>    I need info on system architecture amd maintaining of KOHA.
>

>    We have like 5 libraries - how much servers we need to have ?
>
>    Does every library have to have local server connected with central server
>    or is it enough to have one central server for KOHA?

It is enough to have one central server. Data from all libraries in
consortium are stored in one database. Depanding on your situation
(number of users, number of records, ...) you can use more than one
server for different services, but you can certanly start from just
one and distribute the services later to more than one servers, when
needed.

Here at the Faculty of Humanities and the Social Sciences in Zagreb.
Croatia we started with two virtual machines (one for production and one
for testing) located on one phisical server.

Regards,

Marijana

---
Marijana Glavica
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Libraries
I. Lucica 3, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
http://www.knjiznice.ffzg.hr