[Koha] Koha 3.0 : item types or CCodes (again - sorry ..)

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Mar 13 03:55:28 NZDT 2009

> So, for purposes of displaying icons on the results page, do we all
> agree that a bib-level field would be the best place to pull this
> info? If so, you can create any authorized value at the bib-level,
> associate an icon with it, and that icon will display, along with any
> other bib-level icons, on both results and details pages.

I'm assuming that this is only true if you "modify your local XSLT file to point
to the icons you want to display?" I think that's an important
clarification to make here.

>> And though you can associate an icon with a
>> collection code, the effort is pointless: Koha doesn't display that
>> icon anywhere.
>
> Those icons should display on the detail pages (see above).

Is this also true only if you modify the XSLT file for the detail
page? Because it's not true for the normal view.
>> - Enable display of collection code icons in places where information
>> about individual items is displayed: the holdings table of
>> opac-detail, lists of checkouts, lists of holds on specific copies,
>> lists of waiting holds.
>
> This should already be in place for all item-level authorized values.

This isn't the case at all. I can't add a new item-level authorized
value and expect it's associated icon to display in the list of
waiting holds, or on the list of checkouts on opac-user.pl.

> I think that just confuses the issue and you'd have a four-dimension
> matrix to fill out for circ rules rather than three.

Yeah, I agree that's a messy solution.

I did leave one thing out from the wish list:

- Enable ccode as a search limiter in the advanced search.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries